Barnet Alliance for Public Services was launched at a public meeting in North London Business Park on 23rd September 2010, with more than 200 people attending. We are a coalition of residents, campaign groups and trade unions in the London Borough of Barnet. We welcome involvement of any kind from all people defending public services.
We meet usually at:
The Greek Cypriot Community Centre
2 Britannia Road
(Off High Road, buses 263, 125; parking available)
For more details contact: email@example.com or phone 07957-486 379.
- We champion democratically accountable, high quality public services. We reject the idea that public services should be cut in order to bail out the banks.
- We reject Barnet council’s plans for mass outsourcing of its services – no to the One Barnet programme!
- We oppose privatisation and cuts to public services, whether NHS, education, or local authority, and will resist them.
- We oppose free schools and the extension of academies.
- We note that Barnet residents and council employees have resisted damaging policies, scrutinised and exposed questionable contracts with private companies, are becoming aware of the impact of various decisions of the council and are actively organising to oppose unpopular plans, all with some success. This shows that public pressure works!
Our constitution is here.
To join BAPS – individuals, organisations and campaigns – email firstname.lastname@example.org.